Guerrero Howe brings leadership stories to life. Our media services help leaders grow their companies, build great teams, and stand out from their peers. Our company has achieved 20% growth year over year for the past three years, and our sales team is the driving force behind this success.
Sales representatives—known as Content and Advertising Managers—drive the content of our executive magazines by researching and contacting business leaders to unlock their unique story. In the process, they bring an executive’s partners to the table to support the feature by selling a suite of content and advertising solutions.
We are looking for someone who knows how to stay on top of business trends, speaks comfortably with C-level executives, and creates excitement for their magazine. Strong interpersonal skills, persistence in your hunt for leads, and the ability to meet or exceed revenue goals and deadlines are musts. This position deals with executives and decision-makers from across the country, so a strong phone presence is important. An ability to close, professionally and effectively, is critical.
- Effectively researches and connects with mid- to senior-level executives whose expertise and recognition will elevate the brand
- Meets weekly targets for outreach, prospects, and calls
- Accurately and effectively articulates both brand value and product knowledge
- Effectively prospects executives over the phone to create rapport, build excitement, and gain buy-in
- Assertively contacts referrals and closes sales by accurately articulating the value proposition and leveraging product knowledge in negotiations
- Effectively manages sales opportunities and creates urgency within the sale
- Provides strong customer service for all executives and advertisers
- Accurately and efficiently inputs all data for features and advertisers according to Guerrero Howe standards
- Actively engages with others to continuously strive to improve processes, create efficiencies and reduce costs
- Follows established values, work rules, policies and procedures
- Cooperatively takes on other duties, roles, or responsibilities, as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self confidence is a must as well as a positive attitude on every call
- Strong phone skills and the ability to create, grow, and maintain relationships over the phone
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Highly effective critical-thinking and researching skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Goal-oriented approach to closing
- Fearlessness: not intimidated by the challenge of ‘pitching’ a CEO or president on the phone
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A successful track record in sales is a definite asset; however, candidates who indicate a strong desire to develop their sales skills in order to succeed in a corporate sales environment will also be considered
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Eighteen paid vacation days
- 401(k) matching.
- Convenient location near most major Metra and CTA lines
- Dog friendly office. Woof!